First Week of 2017

Sunday 8th January

We're a week into 2017 and it's already been 10x better than 2016. Well, maybe that's just because this time last year I was beyond stressed out doing my last few assignments for university! 

In my previous post (New Year Resolutions) I said that I want to blog more, so I'm hoping to blog every Sunday. We'll see how long this last, but I love my blog and I'm determined to keep going with it!


My first day of 2017 involved me conquering (kind of) three of my biggest fears: heights, being near deep water, and bridges. How did I do this, I hear you ask? Well, I went on the Tower Bridge Glass Walkway. 

This is Tower Bridge in London:

And this is the glass walkway: http://www.towerbridge.org.uk/Glass-floor-360/






It was really good fun but also terrifying at the same time! I went with my best friend after she selected it from the 'Ultimate Best Friends Bucket List' I made her for Christmas. It's definitely worth a visit, it's a good price for what it is. It cost us £5 (student prices) and it gave us access to the glass walkway and the Victorian Engine Rooms which is an additional museum just under the bridge. 


On Monday I went to the Barbican to see The Sound of Musicals: a concert full of songs from musicals starring Kelly Ellis, Oliver Tompsett, Joanna Ampil, and Graham Bickley. I can't tell you how excited I was to see Kerry Ellis! She's my favourite West End singer and I've always wanted to see her perform. This concert was perfect because I saw her sing songs from Wicked, Funny Girl, and Les Mis. It was fantastic, I loved every minute of the concert! 




(I went back to work on Tuesday!)

On Friday I went to see the new Assassin's Creed movie which was really good. Michael Fassbender was incredible, as was Marion Cotillard and Jeremy Irons. There's loads of brilliant fight scenes and it was definitely a good homage to the beloved games.

On Saturday I was treated to a trip to the theatre: I saw Cinderella at the London Palladium and it was brilliant! Amanda Holden, Julian Clary, Paul O'Grady, Lee Mead, Natasha J. Barnes, Paul Zerdin, and Nigel Havers were amongst the cast and all of them were fantastic. It was the best pantomime I've ever seen and it was full of hilarious innuendos and silly jokes. If you've got a chance, make sure you go and watch it - there's only a few shows left!


Afterwards we had dinner at Whyte & Brown in Kingly Court (Carnaby) and I had one of the best meals I've ever had - chicken paillard! (Huge shout out to this restaurant - I told them I was allergic to dairy and as soon as I walked in the door I was given a list of all the dishes I could eat and they really looked after me. Thank you so much to the waiter who served us!)



That was my first week of 2017 and like I said, it's been pretty good! How was your first week?!

Thanks for reading!







Comments

Popular Posts