New Years Resolutions

Sunday 1st January

First post of 2017! Hope you all had a good NYE – how many of you are suffering with hangovers?

My New Year resolutions:

- Continue planning my novel: I've made really good progress so far with my novel, I've planned the plots for my books, written character profiles, and have begun to build the world. I'm so proud of what I've done so far and I need to keep at it!
- Blog more: I did really well over the summer with my blog but I've rejected it more and more. I need to keep going with it, which means I need to do more things worth blogging about!
- Read at least of 30 books: I love reading but I don't do enough of it. I've written down the books I want to read this year, but I'm certain the list will extend!
- Get fit: I'm not bothered about losing weight, (I've already lost a fair amount already), but I am ridiculously unfit and need to sort it out.
- Get healthier: being allergic to dairy means I'm not eating cheese, chocolate, or drinking milk so that's helped out a lot, but I still eat crap like crisps. Well no more!
- Travel more: I just need to get out of my home town as much as possible. There's an infinite amount of places I can go so I just need to throw on my backpack and off I go!
- Save money: I spent too much money and I need to stop.
- Pass my driving test: I started to learn a few years back but I got confused over driving manual (I have dyspraxia which affects my coordination) so this time I plan to learn automatic.
- Writer a letter to myself and open it in 10 years: for the first time in my 20s (albeit I'm only 22, nearly 23), I'm completely content with my life. I think it’ll be interesting to read a letter when I'm 32 about my life at 22.
- Donate blood: I'm scared of needles but I love getting tattoos and piercings. Donating blood can't be that different… Right?
- Get another tattoo: I need more.
- Stop apologising all the time: I read this article about saying “thank you” instead of “I’m sorry”. It's worth a read and definitely something I'm going to start doing.
- Make 2017 better than 2016: 2016 wasn't a terrible year (for me anyway!), in fact it was one of my better years. However, there's always room for improvement and I'm determined to make 2017 AWESOME.


What are your NY resolutions? Let me know!


HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Comments

  1. Great goals for the year! I'm going to try and learn to drive too. I get quite panicky when I do drive but I want to get that freedom! I'm sure you'll be able to achieve all the goals this year. :)

    Belle | bellebrick.blogspot.co.uk
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts