Autumn Crafts

Wednesday 11th October


Just in case you haven't guessed autumn is my favourite season and I love everything about it. One of my favourite things is being able to wrap up warm under loads of layers, particularly knitwear! Knitting is a brilliant pastime and it really gets me in an autumnal mood. For today's blog post I'm going to share a selection of knitting patterns that I've created as well as two of my favourite knitting patterns for you to try!


Boot Toppers

I have three different patterns for knitting boot toppers; stockinette stitch, ribbed and stockinette stitch, and moss stitch.
You will need double knitting (DK) weight yarn and 4.5 mm knitting needles. My personal preference for yarn is sirdar country style yarn.


Method 1; Stockinette)

Cast on 60 stitches.
Knit one row.
Purl one row.
Repeat for 30 rows.
Cast off.
Bind edges together.


Method 2; Ribbed and stockinette)
(You will need 4mm and 4.5mm knitting needles for this)

Cast on 64 stitches using 4mm knitting needles.
K1, P1 for 8 rows.
Switch to 4.5mm knitting needles.
Knit 1 row.
Purl 1 row.
Repeat for 14 rows.
Switch back to 4mm knitting needles.
K1, P1 for 8 rows.
Cast off.
Bind edges together.


Method 3; Moss stitch)

Cast on 60 stitches
K1, P1
P1, K1
Repeat these two rows for 30 rows.
Cast off.
Bind edges together.



Burnt Orange Moss Stitch Snood

For this snuggly snood I use 10mm knitting needles and burnt orange Cygnet yarn.

Cast on 24 stitches.
K1, P1
P1, K1
Repeat until snood measures 30 inches.
Cast off.
Bind edges together.


Two of my favourite knitting patterns are:

https://www.flaxandtwine.com/2013/12/tasseled-garter-stitch-color-block-scarf-pattern-a-quick-cozy-knit-gift/


http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/campus-striped-slouchy-beanie-knit-round


Happy knitting!







Comments

Popular Posts