Dip Dye Moss Stitch Tasseled Scarf

Wednesday 22nd August 2018


Once again I'm back knitting and it feels so good! This pattern I based off one I found on Pinterest: Tasseled Garter Stitch Block Colour Pattern.

This pattern is amazing, and the reason I decided to make my own was for three reasons:

1) I bought this gorgeous blue coloured yarn and had no idea what to make with it

2) The yarn I bought required smaller needles than the original pattern.

3) I really love moss stitch




And so, to make this scarf you will need:

Sirdar Click Chunky with Wool - 3 x Kingfisher (Shade 0178) and 6 x Lamb (Shade 0142). These come in 50g, and so you will need 150g of Kingfisher and 300g of Lamb. (Is it just me or does that sound like the start of a really weird recipe!?) 
6mm knitting needles 
Crochet hook 
Scissors 
Yarn needle 




Firstly, using Kingfisher and 6mm needles, cast on 30 stitches. 

Then repeat this pattern for 50 rows: 

Row 1: k1, p1

Row 2: p1, k1

Once you've finished the 50th row, change to Lamb and repeat the same pattern:

Row 1: k1, p1

Row 2: p1, k1.

Repeat this for the required length of your scarf, keeping in mind you have to add on another block of colour (for me, the length was 170cm (1.7m))

Change back to Kingfisher and repeat the pattern for 50 rows.

Row 1: k1, p1

Row 2: p1, k1. 


Cast off. 


Once you've cast off, and if you want to, you can make tassels to go on the ends of your scarf. 

























Comments

Popular Posts