15 Big Questions

Sunday 7th April 2019





Privacy out the window, it's time for a "getting to know me" post. I really enjoying writing and reading "getting to know me" blog posts. I don't know about you but they're some of my favourites to read because I adore getting to know the person behind the blog posts I read.

I found these 15 big questions on Eat Spin Run Repeat and I couldn't resist answering them.

  1. What would you do if you knew you couldn’t fail?
  2. What would your life look like if money had no meaning? 
  3. What did you want to be as a child, and how does that compare to how you define yourself now?
  4. If you could write a letter to your 15 year old self, what would you say?
  5. What achievements are you most proud of?
  6. What do you want to be remembered for?
  7. Think about the last time you felt totally on top of the world. 
  8. Who is one of your mentors? 
  9. If you had just one day left to live, how would you spend it? What would you tell your loved ones?
  10. What is the one single most difficult lesson you’ve ever had to learn?
  11. What is one of your biggest dreams? What’s getting in the way?
  12. What are the most important aspects in your life right now and how much time do you spend on each? 
  13. If you could choose one word to represent yourself now, what would that be? Too hard? Pick 3 words.
  14. If you could choose one word to represent your ideal version of yourself, or the person you strive to become, what would that be?
  15. Throughout the course of this year, what things can you add, what changes can you make, and what destructive or unfulfilling behaviours can you crowd out in order to bring you closer to that one word you want to embody?

Okay, here we go!

1. That's a really tough question because not failing opens so many opportunities. Does it include making things happen that we can't do, such as inventing magic? If that's the case then I'd 100% invent magic and then Harry Potter will be real and we can all FINALLY go to Hogwarts. I'm sure JK Rowling would definitely support me and no doubt we'd become besties. If I can't invent magic (lame) then I'd finish writing my novel and submit it to the biggest publishing company without any fear. I'm so scared of finishing my novel because I don't think people will either read it or enjoy it, or I'll spend the rest of my life trying to convince someone to publish it.

2. If money had no meaning, then firstly I'd donate to charities that mean something to me (I'll keep them private), then I'd go to uni and get my Masters, I'd make sure my family were cared for and had everything they needed, I'd get myself the car, the house, the holiday I want, and you know what I would still work. I'd probably own a book cafe while writing my book. I know I'd spend the rest of my life writing if I didn't have to worry about money. Being an adult sucks.

3.  I wanted to be a teacher when I was younger so nothing's actually changed! Although I did also want to be a princess but I guess that's out of the question.

4. 15 year old me would be worrying about her GCSEs. I wasn't bothered about relationships, my lack of friends didn't phase me, so I would just let her know that I would be okay with my GCSEs and while getting good grades is important, it's not the most vital part. I would remind her to always be herself, no matter what people may think, and to stop apologising for things that aren't her fault.
I wouldn't really write much else because everything that happened to me over the last 10 years has shaped the person I am today - without those experiences I don't know who I'd be today.

5. My degree is my proudest achievement. It took me 4 years to get my degree and I was so convinced I wouldn't get there but I did. Being accepted for teacher training, passing my theory test, and being close to passing my practical test are other achievements I'd proud of. Seeing how much I've changed is probably my second achievement I'd proud of. At school I used to be a people-pleasing-push-over. I didn't stand up for myself, I didn't fully believe in myself, and I didn't like myself much. But today, I challenge everything I think is wrong or don't like, I'm not afraid to give my opinion, I'm not afraid to be myself, and I really do love who I am. I like my quirks, I like my silliness, and I even like the imperfect bits such as my anxiety because they all make me who I am.

6. I want to be remembered for never giving up. I've had a lot of curveballs thrown at me in my life but I've never let them defeat me. My mantra is definitely fall down 7 times get up 8. I've got too much determination to achieve that I won't let any curveballs get in my way.

7. The day I was accepted for teacher training was when I felt on top of the world. It showed me that all the hard work I've put in since I was at school had finally paid off. I was working towards the career I've always wanted, I was going back to uni which I've wanted to do since I graduated 3 years ago, and it reaffirmed to me that despite all the setbacks I've had that they were all worth it.

8. This is a tricky question, but I'd have to say one of my mentors is my mum. She's awesome. Yeah, at times she annoys me - just like I annoy her - but she's accepting of everyone, she cares for all those in her life, and she always gives 100% for everything she does. She's the best. And if she reads this she will hold this over my head for the rest of my life!

9. If I had one day left to live, I don't think I'd tell anyone because then the day would be spent with everyone crying and I wouldn't want that. I'd write a letter to those closest to me to read at a later date when they're ready and that's where I'd explain it all. As for how I'd spend my day, I don't know. I really don't.

10. People will always surprise me. This, sadly, has usually been a sad lesson to learn, but it has also been a positive one at times. People will never react in the way that you want. They don't think the same way as you do, they don't act the same way you do, and they won't always do what you want them to. You just have to remember not everyone has the same heart as you and you will make yourself miserable if you keep thinking everyone will think/believe/act the same way you do.

11. My biggest dream is to be a published author. Not even a successful one like my queen JK Rowling, but just to have my book published. What's standing in my way is reality (paying bills, having a job) but also having a lack of time and motivation to write. But one day my dream will come true, just you wait,

12.  The aspects of my life right now that are important are: my studies, my business, my family, my friends, and me time. My studies are relatively new but as part of my course I have to do 25 hours per week. Easy. My business - I try and make at least three items for my stock a week. My family I try to spend as much time as I can with them, whether this is messaging them/eating dinner with them/days out etc. Friends - I've got three friends I talk to on a daily basis, others that I talk to as and when we can, but I always make sure they know I'm thinking of them. Me time is having at least an hour a day doing what I want to do that's entirely selfish - reading, having a bath, watching a film etc.

13. One word... determined. Three words... determined, ,hopeful brave.

14. One word... content.

15. To bring me closer to being content I need to cut out anything that doesn't bring me happiness or doesn't challenge me in a positive way, make sure I have time to myself doing what I love, make sure I have everything I need whether that's support or happiness, and to get rid of any automatic negative thoughts I have such as feeling not good enough or being rejected (which I'm slowly getting rid of), and just to keep myself surrounded only by things that will make me content, not make me stress, sad, angry, or anything negative. Can't be dealing with that anymore.

Comments

Popular Posts