Romance

Sunday 12th May 2019



Romance. I have a love/hate relationship with romance. Sometimes I love romantic gestures, but other times I can't deal with the idea of romance. That's not to say if someone turned up at mine with a bunch of flowers or wrote me a love letter I'd throw them back in his face... I just mean that sometimes all I want to do is kick back with pizza and watch a movie for one of our dates. Other times I want to be swept off my feet with romantic gestures... I'm not sure where the balance is!


This blog post is divided into two sections... One is Things I Find Romantic and the other is Alphabet Dates.

So, to start with - Things I Find Romantic


  • Love letters - old fashioned but still appreciated; there are few things as romantic as someone taking the time to write to you and tell you why they love you etc. 
  • Flowers - yes they do die after a few days, but being given something that someone walked past and went "yes, she'll like them" is such a precious thing. Plus they look pretty.
  • Walks on the beach - don't get me wrong I hate the feeling of sand on me but I'm a sucker for a long romantic walk on the beach - provided I can wash my feet asap and get rid of every single grain of sand from my body before getting in the car.
  • Book gifts - the best things about me being a bookworm is I am open to reading any book. If you see a book and you think "yes, she'll love this" or "hmm she might like this" - you've won me over.
  • Movie nights - there is literally nothing better than someone asking to watch my favourite film. This has happened once in all the years I've been dating. 
  • Unexpected phone calls - I always prefer talking on the phone but not everyone likes it, so someone taking the time out of their day to talk to you on the phone and hear your voice is so romantic.
  • Taking photos of each other - I love taking photos, especially candid shots, and I think it's really romantic to take photos of your partner because, in a world where your life is on social media, it's just another way to show how proud you are to be with your partner. 


Alphabet Dates:

I've always wanted to do this with a partner as it's such a cute idea. Do it as a monthly date idea and you can either choose what you'll do each month or take it in turns - either way, you've got at least 26 date ideas!

A:
Go on an adventure for the day!
Be fancy and go for afternoon tea
Take a trip to the aquarium
Visit an animal shelter
Battle it out in an arcade.

B:
Head down to the beach
Take a boat somewhere
Try and beat each other at bowling
Take a trip down to the best city in England: Bath
Get cosy in the kitchen by baking some delicious cakes
Visit the local bookstore; why not buy each other a book to try?

C:
Go to a concert,
Head to a comedy club
Go camping for the weekend
Take a trip to the cinema
Visit a coffee shop and get cosy behind a latte or two
Visit a castle and go exploring
Have a go at cooking together
Have a game of crazy golf.

D:
Go on a good ol' fashioned dinner date
Go for a drive
How about going out dancing
Head over to a driving range
Anything to do with dinosaurs

E:
Just go exploring somewhere!
Eat some food
Education; so many universities offer free lectures so why not get educated?
Head up/over/down (depends where you are) to Edinburgh and explore there

F:
Just anything to do with food
If it's the right season, go to a festival
Build a blanket fort and get cosy

G:
Have a game of proper golf rather than mini or crazy... mind you there is a lot of walking involved
Organise a games night
One of my favourite ideas; visit a garden centre and buy yourself a jungle
Take a turn on some go-karts
Go for a ghost walk - most cities have these!

H:
Go for a hike
Learn some history by visiting National Trust or English Heritage sites
Have a Harry Potter day
Visit Hampton Court Palace

I:
More food suggestions: italian or indian
Buy some furniture at ikea
Go ice skating
Watch an ice hockey match
Instagram your entire day
Eat some ice cream 

J:
Watch a jousting tournament at a castle (Arundel Castle are fab for this)
Jurassic Park movie marathon

K:
Go kite flying
Have a laugh by doing karaoke
Watch Kinky Boots at the West End
Wander around Kew Gardens

L:
Go out for lunch
Watch live music
Have a lazy day
Take a trip to London
Go lingerie shopping

M:
Listen to music
Try not to fall out while playing monopoly
Visit a museum
Get massages or give them to each other
Have a movie day
Play mini-golf

N:
Have a night in
Go for a nature walk
Ultra cheap date at Nandos
Visit the national space centre
Go see some dinosaurs at the natural history museum

O:
Spend the day outdoors
Watch a show at an open air theatre
See a movie at an outdoor cinema
Eat some oriental food

P:
Go paintballing
Watch a play
Have a picnic
Spend the afternoon/evening at the pub
Play a game of pool, or go to an actual pool!

Q:
Quiz night

R:
Go on a riverboat cruise
Be like an Romantic novel and go rowing
Or, for the more daring, rafting
Have a cosy day at home reading

S:
Visit the seaside
Spend the night stargazing
Watch either the sunrise or the sunset, or both
Have a star wars marathon

T:
Take a trip to the theatre
Pitch a tent for the night
Get either matching tattoos for pay for each other to get them done!

U:
Get undressed
Go somewhere unusual
Spend the afternoon on the London underground playing the London monopoly game

V:
Visit a vineyard
Get a villa for the weekend

W:
Go on a walking tour
Visit a windmill
Go to winchester observatory
Spot some animals at a wildlife park

X:
Have a x-men marathon
Enter a x-box tournament - go on a scavenger hunt!

Y:
Spend the day doing some yoga

Z:
Go to the zoo


Comments

Popular Posts